Gifts of Stock
A gift of stock not only helps the Community Center, but you, the donor, receives an additional tax benefit.
It is very easy to transfer stocks as a gift to the San Geronimo Valley Community Center. The IRS allows you to make a transfer of appreciated stock to a non-profit organization without recognizing capital gains on the appreciation. You must use publicly-traded stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares and you must have held these for more than one year.
A gift of appreciated securities may be right for you if:
- You want to diversify your assets without having to pay the capital gains taxes that would result from the sale of appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds
- You are holding stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares for more than a year and they have increased in value
- You want to make a gift that does not affect cash flow or liquidity
Information for donating gifts of appreciated stock:
We welcome your gift of appreciated stock. Just have your broker transfer the stock to our account with Fidelity Investments.
Here are our account details:
Broker: Fidelity Investments
- Fidelity routing number:101205681
- Account number:39900000740057055
DTC Number: Our Fidelity Depository Trust Company (DTC) number is 0226.
Please provide this number and our Fidelity account number to the firm sending your shares.
DTC transfers take approximately three business days.
Our Phone number: (415) 488-8888
Account Name: San Geronimo Valley Community Center
Nonprofit EIN number: 23-7172128
Please call 415-488-8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we know the transfer of gifts is coming and we can identify your gift when it comes into our account.