Holiday Arts Faire
Please join us on December 5th, 2020 for our Virtual Holiday Arts Faire!
What day: Saturday, December 5th, 2020
Time: 2pm – 5pm
Where: On ZOOM!
The holiday spirit in the Valley is strong. While we cannot share the same room for visiting Santa, communal wreath making, Valley theater, jolly crafts, sugary delights, festive vendors, a Dani Levy performance, and candle lighting ceremonies, we can still do all of these things together remotely!
We hope you will join us for the 51st annual (and first Virtual!) Holiday Arts Faire.
Come on down to ye olde Zoom room on Saturday, December 5th, from 2:00 pm-5:00 pm and choose your own holiday adventure! We will have a plethora of great breakout rooms and special guests; including San Geronimo Valley NextGen climate change activists, Michael Bergman from VERG and High School 1327 Drama Students!
When you come to our Holiday Faire Zoom site you will discover a plethora of great Breakout Rooms. They will link you to options to see Santa, listen and watch musical performances, see artisan vendor’s show their wares plus a host of options to participate in holiday activities.
This virtual fun house will be hosted by our veteran M.C.’s Jasper Thelin and Alexander McQuilkin.
Here’s a few of the scheduled events:
You can make a wreath with Kristy, participate in kids craft making with Julie and Nicole, listen to kids music with Dani, visit with Santa, bake goodies with Howie or participate in NextGen discussions on fire safety and climate change.
There will be storytelling by Zoila and readings by Jim, Muniera and friends.
There will also be a breakout room where you can explore your favorite local vendors, see their wares and learn how to purchase them from the artists. We will have scheduled visits with the vendors where you can learn how they make their particular craft and have a chat with them. Just check the schedule for each vendor’s allotted time to visit!
Vendor’s wares will be available for viewing on our website starting Friday morning and be available through Sunday night, so even if you aren’t able to catch our vendors during the scheduled faire time you can still check out your favorite local artist’s offerings along with directions for purchasing.
Please be sure to check out the special 50th anniversary Holiday faire poster which brings back our iconic SGVCC Holiday Faire reindeer designed by Donna Sloan so long ago!
To be sure, there’s something to do and enjoy for everyone.
Don’t miss this opportunity to see friends and neighbors at the 51st annual Holiday Arts Faire!
Looking forward to this fun holiday season event – Join us here.
Holiday Art Faire 2020 Schedule – 50 years of fun, this year with a virtual twist!
- 2:00pm-2:30pm Welcome
- 2:30pm-4:30pm Holiday Art Faire Zoom Rooms
- 4:30pm-5pm Closing Ceremony
- 2:30pm-3:00pm In the Kitchen with Howie — Howie’s Famous Spice Cookies
- 3:05pm-3:40pm Gingerbread House Making
- 3:45pm-4:00pm Storytime with Zoila
- 2:30pm-4:30pm Visit with Santa
- 2:30pm-4:30pm – Greens Workshop – wreath making with Kristy and Amy
- 2:30pm-3:00pm Dani Levy — musical fun for families
- 3:00pm-3:15pm Virtual Theater with Muniera and Jim
- 3:15pm-3:50pm Family Music Half Hour Special Holiday Greats
- 3:50pm-4:30pm Holiday Music with Michael McQuilkin
Art and Vendors:
- All day: Online Vendor Gallery – visit www.sgvcc.org/virtual-holiday-arts-faire-vendors
- 2:30pm-4:30pm Vendor Demos and Artist Talks
- 2:30pm-3pm Emergency Response in San Geronimo Valley
- 3:05pm-4:00pm NextGen Climate Action Group Presentation
2:30pm-4:30pm Afternoon Festivus with Jasper and Alexander! The veritable home base for this year’s virtual holiday kick-off! Featuring holiday cheer, exciting local guests, zoom room directions, brain twisting trivia, witty repartee, and more……