Kindergarten Summer Bridge is Back!!!
5 Weeks: June 28th – July28th | 9:00am – 12:00pm | Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Ages: Incoming Kindergarteners and new this year, incoming 1st graders
Cost: Free! Summer Bridge participants are welcome to then attend a half day of our Summer Day camp for half price – $75 per three day week.
Staff: Nicole Ramirez and Julie Young
Summer Bridge is a school readiness program intended to support your child’s transition and promote a successful start in kindergarten. This year we are also opening this program up to incoming 1st graders, since we know the 2020-2021 kindergarten experience was not typical. Pre-registration is required and full participation in the 5 week program is highly encouraged as each week builds upon itself and creates a sense of continuity for the children. You can fill out the registration form Summer Bridge Application or Summer Bridge Application Spanish version and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it in to PO BOX 194, San Geronimo, CA 94963.
During this program we will support your child in developing the following key kindergarten readiness skills:
- Recognize and/or name colors
- Match or sort items by color and shape
- Understand concepts such as: in, out, under, on, off, front and back
- Know her/his body parts (head, shoulders, knees, etc.)
- Cut with scissors
- Try to tie her/his shoes
- Enjoy outdoor play such as running, jumping and climbing
- Hold a crayon or marker
Number Concept Development
- Arrange items in groups according to size, shape or color
- Group items that are the same
- Arrange toys or objects in size order, big to small or small to big
- Correctly identify four to ten objects
- Talk in sentences
- Follow through when you give him/her/them one or two directions
- Use descriptive language (“That’s a tall building with round windows.”)
- Pretend, create and make up songs and stories