8th Annual Peace Festival
The San Geronimo Valley Community Center presents the 8th Annual Peace Fest – PEACE IN THE VALLEY! For the 8th year running, the San Geronimo Valley Community Center in partnership with students and educators from the Lagunitas School District, are celebrating the United Nations’ International Peace Day, recognized world wide on Wednesday September 21, 2022.
With a month of both in person and virtual events our community reflects on this year’s theme: “End racism. Build peace.” Our Community joins the efforts of the United Nations as we work towards a world free of racism and racial discrimination. A world where compassion and empathy overcome suspicion and hatred. A world that we can truly be proud of.
On Saturday September 24th from 5 – 9:00 p.m. the Community Center hosts the 8th Annual Peace Fest Celebration where we invite the public to join us as we consider what the idea of PEACE means for us personally, in our community, and as global residents.
Peace Fest Schedule of Events:
- 5:00 p.m. – Artisan Storyteller Alicia Retes Performance of “Three Sisters – Corn, Bean and Squash: Peaceful Symbols of Environmental Cooperation, Community Service, Generosity and Acceptance
- 5 – 7 p.m. – Food available for purchase from Revivir la Cultura in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month
- 6:00 p.m. – Live Music from Ted Wright & Special Guests
- 6:30 p.m. – Hybrid Panel Discussion with representatives from the International Day of Peace, Spirituality and Mindfulness practitioners, Social Equity, and NextGen Climate Activism.
- 7:30 p.m. – Outdoor film screening of “Who We Are – A Chronicle of Racism in America.”
On going throughout September – Peace through Art – Peg Hunter and Alicia Retes exhibits in the Maurice Del Mue galleries.