The San Geronimo Community Center is strongly interested in equitable hiring and broadening the cultural competencies of our staff. Ethnically, culturally and linguistically diverse candidates will find a receptive atmosphere in our organization.
Check out our open positions:
Family Advocates – All encompassing
How to Apply: Please submit a cover-letter and resume to our hiring team by emailing email@example.com
Title: Family Advocate
|Reports to: Youth Programs Manager
|FLSA Status (Exempt / Non-Exempt):
|FTE/Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
(40 hours/week, 52 weeks) 20 hours/week 52 weeks
|Date of Hire: As soon as possible
||Team Collaboration: Youth Programs
|Job Overview: Provides direct program support in the Community Center’s child care programs including Zoila’s, the LOFT, and Wellness Center by providing excellent care for children attending the program.
|Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide care for children
- Maintain a safe play environment
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities
- Ensure children have good hygiene and follow public health guidelines
- Clean interactive areas and sterilize toys and play areas throughout the day
- Assist with children with their meals and prepare healthy snacks for the children
- Organize and lead developmentally appropriate activities
- Help children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports, and other potential hobbies
- Follow daily routine and schedule
- Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts
- Ensure children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Assist Youth Program Team in keeping records of each child’s progress, interests and any problems that may occur
- Communicate with children’s parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues
- Work with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
- Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and escalate them to Youth Programs Manager to communicate to parents or guardians
|Qualifications / Skills:
- Possess a good understanding of the childhood development process
- Caring and compassionate attitude when interacting with and caring for children
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills to converse with children, fellow professional caregivers and parents or guardians
- Excellent patience and stamina for keeping up with the demands of children of all ages
- Advanced multitasking and organizational skills to handle multiple children at a time
- Attention to detail and to the needs and safety of children.
- Foreign language skills not required but a plus
|Experience and License Requirements:
- Pediatric CPR / First Aid Certification
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Experience and/or education in early childcare and child development
- Knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office
- Must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation, including:
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift or lower objects up to 50 pounds
Title: VAST Tutor
The Valley After School Tutoring Program (VAST) is looking for in-person tutors, Monday through Thursday 3:00 pm-5:00 pm (Wednesdays from 2:00 pm-5:00 pm) following the Lagunitas School District calendar. Hourly rate is $20. Please contact, Lori Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org (415) 488-4118 x 506.