We are so excited to welcome you back to the Community Center building starting July 1, 2021! We missed seeing our community for our regular in person programs and events. We all innovated and figured out ways to meet virtually, filling a need for connection and gathering when we physically were not able to.
In preparation for our July 1 reopening, we wanted to share with our community the guidelines we will be following. Being on a public school campus, we are required to follow protocols that are stricter than the County and State. Thank you for taking the time to review these guidelines–we are confident that together we can reopen all of our favorite programs safely!
Here’s what you need to know as you come back to the Community Center:
- If you are sick or have been around someone who is/has been sick in the last 10 days, please do not come to the Community Center or Gym/LOFT.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all people must wear face coverings indoors, including the Gym.
- No eating will be permitted indoors.
- The Community Center building, Gym, and LOFT will be regularly cleaned after daily use.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
- Eating is permitted outdoors.
The Community Center team is working to develop outdoor space for expanded programs, gatherings, and events in our facilities. Our food bank and drive through Senior Lunch will remain at the former Golf Course property until further notice. Some of our programs have thrived in a virtual format and we are making plans to offer some hybrid in-person/virtual offerings.
The Community Center website is an incredible resource for our community. We update our program/event calendar https://www.sgvcc.org/events/ daily and information on updated protocols and offerings is available on the homepage.
Thank you for standing with us during this particularly challenging year! We are ready to return together, stronger than ever!
If you are ready to re-launch or start an in person program, please contact Poko Giacomini at email@example.com to check availability and to get on our Community Center schedule.